Brief History of The School
The Loreto sisters first set foot in Kenya in the year 1903 with a mission to educate the girl child. This was the dream of their foundress, Mary Ward.
Loreto Kiambu girls high school being one of the fourteen Loreto schools in the Eastern Africa Province was founded on strong Catholic principles and is guided by the virtues es-poused by its foundress, Mary Ward, namely; trust, sincerity, love, justice and freedom. The School was established in 1949 as a Teacher Training College for primary school teachers. In 1973 the college was phased out. Nevertheless, the sisters wished to continue offering their services in the field of education, hence they sought the authority of the ministry of education to establish a secondary school for girls. This request was granted in 1974 when a provincial girls boarding school sponsored by the Catholic Church built and fully maintained by the government opened its doors to its first batch of forty students. That step effectively heralded the growth and transformation of Loreto Kiambu .